Media.Monks is a digital-first marketing and advertising services company connecting the dots across content, data & digital media and technology services. Inspired by the connectivity and flexibility of technology APIs, Media.Monks’ single-P&L model offers brands seamless access to a nearly 6,000-strong team of digital talent organized across 57 talent hubs in 33 countries.
With us, you'll find a diverse group of colleagues with different backgrounds and perspectives. We believe everyone has something of value to offer, and that sustaining a truly diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace begins with fostering an environment where people can be themselves, authentically, every day. We want to build something with the potential to change the heart of our industry, and we’d love to include your unique perspective.
Now, about the opportunity: In the Associate Creative Director role, you’ll help lead multiple projects for one of our A-list tech clients. You have a knack for turning marketing speak into compelling and conversational language, experience writing and editing copy of all lengths in all channels, and consistently produce great work. You’re also comfortable and adept in the player/coach role — independently capable of writing highly polished copy that’s on brand and on strategy, while managing and mentoring more junior copywriters with empathy, insight, and inspiration. And you have a portfolio of work that shows range, a strong voice, and an ability to write effectively in multiple channels.
At this time during COVID-19, all positions are exclusively working from home. Once the company decides to resume normal office operations in this region, you’ll work from our downtown office. Frequency is subject to change based on business needs and general health and safety considerations.
- Write and oversee copywriters in the creation of microsites, landing pages, emails, social media, video, presentations, pitches, thought leadership content, and more.
- Manage and mentor direct reports and junior team members.
- Think holistically about creative from a visual and verbal standpoint.
- Present work with creative rationale to clients, strengthen existing client relationships, and partner with client stakeholders.
- Help ensure projects are written in brand tone and voice, and are on time and on budget.
- Support creative leadership in defining processes and managing resources.
- Collaborate and lead with empathy, ownership over your work, and clear communication.
- At least three years in a management role overseeing projects, direct reports and/or freelancers.
- Agency experience, or a combination of agency and in-house, is preferred.
- Mastery of copy and content strategy across multiple screens and media.
- Excellent communication skills, with team members and clients.
- Ability to work within established brand guidelines and technology constraints while demonstrating big-picture thinking.
- Familiarity working in Google Cloud products with teammates and clients.
- Digital UI/UX experience is nice to have
- Solid background in writing and editing is needed
- All benefits are effective starting the first day of the month following the start date
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and dependent(s)
- A 3% 401(k) match from the start
- 3 weeks of paid time off in the first year (plus paid company holidays)
- Pet insurance for one furry (or feathery) friend
At Media.Monks, you’ll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to win the decade by changing the industry for good. Partner to 8 of the 10 most innovative companies in the world, Media.Monks works with established as well as up-and-coming global, regional, DTC and B2B brands, helping them own their data and build out customer ecosystems to elicit smart, efficient, high-impact engines for growth. We deliver table stakes quickly, creating cost efficiencies from day one to push up the creative effectiveness of our work with every cycle.
We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to building a respectful and empowering work environment for all people to freely express themselves amongst colleagues who embrace diversity in all respects. Including fresh voices and unique points of view in all aspects of our business not only creates an environment where we can all grow and thrive but also increases our potential to produce work that better represents—and resonates with—the world around us.